Are you planning to return to Malaysia? Here are the latest updates on mandatory quarantine in Malaysia, entry requirements and list of premium quarantine hotels in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.
Fully vaccinated individuals
Starting 10 August 2021, fully vaccinated citizens, PR and MM2H holders can apply for home quarantine, subject to meeting the requirements by Home Surveillance Order (HSO) Risk Assessment Committee.
Non-Malaysian Mandatory Quarantine Requirements
For travelers who do not meet the requirements for home quarantine, must undergo mandatory quarantine at designated centers, most of which are hotels and resorts in Malaysia. Travelers must do the quarantine stay at the first point of entry into Malaysia.
- Entry Approvals
– Malaysians – no approvals required.
– Non-Malaysians – MyTravelPass or relevant Immigration Department of Malaysia approvals
- Mandatory quarantine at a government-designated hotel upon entry into Malaysia. Quarantine charges start from RM150 per day.
- Travellers will be allocated to a hotel for quarantine, or may opt for a Premium Quarantine Hotel. Hotel booking confirmation to be presented upon arrival in Malaysia.
- Travellers into Malaysia may pay their Covid-19 screening test charges and quarantine costs with Leisure Holidays Travel.
- Travellers are required to download and activate the MySejahtera App three days before departure to Malaysia.
- Travellers must register with the MySejahtera Quarantine app. within 3 days before departure to Malaysia.
- Negative RT-PCR Covid-19 test result must be done within 72 hours of departure to Malaysia.
Note: Travellers are required to quarantine irrespective of vaccination status.
We have written a guide on KLIA Arrival Procedures which is helpful for travelers wanting to know what needs to be done at each step upon your arrival and things to pack for quarantine.
Premium Quarantine Hotels in Selangor
- Marriott Putrajaya (Reopening 01 September 2021)
- Sama-Sama KLIA
- Dorsett Grand Subang
- Hilton Petaling Jaya
- Sunway Clio Hotel
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn
- Hotel Movenpick
- Hotel Crystal Crown
Premium Quarantine Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Grand Millennium Bukit Bintang
- Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur (Closing 01 September 2021)
- Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur
- Impiana KLCC Hotel
- Swiss Garden Bukit Bintang
- Ibis KLCC
- Hotel Furama
During the quarantine period, everyone must stay in the room, and they can only come out to pick up their meals and leave their trash outside the door. They cannot visit the gym, pool, or use any other facilities.
How To Book Hotel For Quarantine in Malaysia?
Leisure Holidays has a hassle-free quarantine package that includes accommodation, full board meals, one-way transfer, and the Covid-19 test. Contact us via WhatsApp for immediate assistance.
It is recommended to book your premium quarantine stay at least 2 weeks before arrival due to high demand.