Before boarding your flight, here is our guide for Penang Airport Arrival Procedure to help clear uncertainties and the lack of information available for those planning to return home. If you are flying into Kuala Lumpur, check our KLIA Arrival Procedure.
- Download MySejahtera App (App Store, Google Play). Please register using a gmail or yahoo as the verification code is not workable for international mobile numbers and certain email addresses.
- Book air ticket direct to Penang. There are limited international flights to Penang.
- Book Quarantine hotel, which will be randomly allocated upon arrival. You will need to pay RM2100 by cash or credit card. There is no Premium Quarantine Hotel package in Penang.
- Perform RT-PCR test within 72 hours departure.
- Print copy of flight itinerary and RT-PCR Test results
- Bring a pen to fill out health declaration forms
- Bring a snack and jacket.
- Recommend to double mask and sanitize your hands regularly. Wear a face shield is possible.
- Keep a summary of the following information on one sheet or phone to help will filling up forms, instead of looking through different documents.
– Identity Card Number
– Passport Number
– Flight Number
– Flight Seat Number
– Address in Malaysia
– Emergency Contact
– Vaccination Date
Arrival At Penang Airport
Step 1 – Deplane
Connect to airport wifi if you do not have a mobile data plan. It might not be possible to purchase a local sim card as shops are closed.
Step 2 – MySejahtera
You will be asked to download, register, and check-in using MySejahtera.
Step 3 – Risk and Health Assessment
An official from the Ministry of Health will perform a risk and health assessment. Present your identification, boarding pass, and Covid-19 test results. You will need to pay RM60 for a rapid swab test. It will take 3-4 hours to get the swab test results.
Step 4 – Identification and Disinfection
Get your pink wristband and will be taken to a health officer to disinfect your belonging and yourself. Remember to close your eyes when they spray on you.
Step 5 – Immigration and Baggage Collection
You will receive a quarantine order, go through immigration and collect your luggage. Wait for your transportation to your Quarantine Hotel.
Penang Quarantine Hotel
There are two hotels in Penang designated for quarantine – Bahang Bay and Rainbow Paradise Hotel. Both are based on Standard Package and will be randomly allocated upon arrival. The cost will be RM150 x 14 nights = RM2100. Payment can be made by cash or credit card. You can prepay your quarantine stay with Leisure Holidays Travel.
The hotel provides three meals per day. If you are a fussy eater, you might want to bring snacks, cup noodles, etc. The hotel supplies limited toiletries. Recommend to bring your own. The APM allows deliveries twice a day, 12 noon and 8 pm. You can purchase additional items online from Tesco Lotus’s or receive parcels from family members, within rules.
On the 12th day, the Ministry of Health will conduct a swab test. You will need to pay an additional RM60 for the test. Check-out on the 14th day will be after 11 am. It is not possible to check out early.
Disclaimer: The above information is provided based on experience of a traveller returning to Penang Airport and Quarantine on 23 June 2021. Procedures are subject to change at anytime by the authorities.