The New Zealand Working Holiday Visa is temporary suspended due to Covid-19.
New Zealand is a dream holiday destination for many travellers due to its naturally beauty, rich culture, and easy-going people. New Zealand is also far away and quite expensive to get to and travel around, therefore many travellers want to spend an extended period here.
Unless you have a substantial savings, it may not be possible to spend months on end touring the land of the long white cloud. This is where the New Zealand Working Holiday Visa comes in.
The visa allows certain people work to support their travels around the country. It is a fantastic way to extend your time in New Zealand. Here are a few important things you need to know about the visa if you’re thinking of applying.
New Zealand Working Holidays Visa Application
New Zealand Immigration will open the working holiday visa in the future. We will update this page when there are updates.
The New Zealand working holiday visa allows Malaysians to work or study in New Zealand for up to six months and will be made available for 1,150 Malaysians per year.
To apply, you will require the following:
- Malaysian Citizen
- Passport validity must be at least 9 months after you first arrive in New Zealand
- Must be in good health
- Must be of good character
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Have at least NZD2250 (Approx. MYR6,100) to live on during the stay
- Cannot accept a permanent job while in New Zealand
- Must only do legal work
- Children cannot accompany the visa holder
- Separate visa is required for partners of visa holders
- Must come to New Zealand within 12 months of the date your visa is granted
- Must leave New Zealand before the visa expires
- Application to be made online
- Payment of NZD208 (MYR570) by Visa or Mastercard
- Processing will take up to 21 days.
- Evidence may be required to support your application