Starting 16 September 2021, Langkawi Tourism Bubble will open to fully vaccinated individuals from all states irrespective of the National Recovery Plan phase except for areas under Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO).
Tourists have the option to travel to Langkawi by air or on land. For travel by land, tourists will need to use the services of a travel agent, at least from the start of the journey to the ferry jetty to Langkawi. Travelers who start their journey from Kedah, Perlis, and those traveling by air, are not compulsory to use the services of a travel agent.
Langkawi Tourism Bubble Quick Reference
- Fully vaccinated for travelers 18 years and above
- Children below 18 years may travel together with fully vaccinated parents or guardian
- Purchase flight tickets and accommodation
- Take a covid test before departure
– PCR or RTK within 48 hours before departure. Proof to be shown for verification.
– Saliva test to be done at the airport or jetty before departing to Langkawi
- Enjoy your vacation!
Langkawi Tourism Bubble Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Limited to fully vaccinated individuals. (14 days after second dose of Pfizer, AstraZeneca or Sinovac. 28 days after one dose of Johnson & Johnson or CanSino)
- Holiday types: day trips, overnight stays, holidays with pre-booked accommodation or admission, package holidays through licensed travel agents registered with MOTAC
- The number of passengers per vehicle is subject to maximum vehicle capacity.
- Visitors using the ferry service can spend the night at registered accommodation premises in Kedah or Perlis.
- Visitors must show proof of travel documents such as flight tickets, ferry tickets, hotel receipts, or travel package receipts when requested by SOP compliance agency enforcement. PDRM travel permit is not required when traveling by flight.
Langkawi Tourism Bubble Permitted Activities
- Accommodation in hotels and homestays, including facilities such as surau, swimming pool, gymnasium, lounge, hall, Business Events (MICE), Tourism and Cultural Events subject to Phase 4 SOP issued by MKN and related agencies.
- Beach activities, water sports, snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing tours, edutainment centers, recreational parks, extreme/ adventure/ nature parks, farms, aquariums, zoos, and other recreational and social activities.
- Special Interest Tourism Activities (golfing, scuba diving, cycling, angling, yachting and so on).
- Eco Geo-Travel Activities (bird watching, caving, mountain climbing, white water rafting, hiking, jungle trekking, camping, and so on)
- Premises of art, culture, and heritage such as museums, libraries, art galleries, cultural heritage art centers/villages, staging of cultural performances and others
- Theme Parks and Family Entertainment Centers
- Academic Tours such as Geopark Discovery Center, Art Gallery, Laman Padi.
No Age Limit for Langkawi Tourism Bubble
There is no age limit for entry to Langkawi Island. Individuals under the age of eighteen must travel with a fully vaccinated parent or guardian.
To ensure the smooth running of the program and safeguard the interest of Malaysian residents, the Ministry of Tourism (MOTAC) will obtain feedback from the community related to the program. The ministry will later use this to evaluate and submit to the National Security Council (NSC) for further action, such as reopening more tourist destinations, in line with MOTAC’s aspirations.
MOTAC urges the public traveling to Langkawi Island to adhere to the SOPs set to ensure the Langkawi Tourism Bubble remains green and can realize the planning of more domestic tourism bubbles in the future.
Langkawi Tourism Bubble Deals
Leisure Holidays Exclusive Deals for Langkawi Tourism Bubble. Packages includes accommodation, breakfast, car rental to go around Langkawi, WIFI and more.
For enquiries or bookings of these exclusive deals, contact Leisure Holidays reservations team via WhatsApp. For other hotel deals, flights, or flight + hotel packages, visit Leisure Holidays website.