The Ministry of Health Malaysia, on 20 September 2021, has announced an online home quarantine application process for travelers arriving from overseas.
- Fully vaccinated – more than 14 days after the second dose for double dose vaccines or 28 days after single-dose vaccines.
- Suitable home or residence based on risk evaluation
- Number of persons in said home or residence
- Number of elderly persons in said home or residence (above 60 years of age)
- Number of children in said home or residence (below 12 years of age)
- Number of persons with chronic illnesses in said home or residence
- Number of pregnant mothers in said home or residence
- Number of rooms in said home or residence
- Number of bathrooms in said home or residence
- Number of bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- Negative Covid-19 PCR Test
Application for Home Quarantine
- Visit Ministry of Health eCovid19 Home Quarantine Application website
– Up to ten travelers per application at one quarantine address
- Enter applicant’s MyKad or Passport information
– Applicant can be a traveler, a family member, or a representative
- Enter traveler’s information
– Name, IC/Passport Number, Nationality, Date of Birth, Vaccine Type, Dose Dates
– Country of departure, date of departure, flight number, arrival date, and time
– Quarantine full address including risk evaluation information
– Submit seven to ten days before entry into Malaysia
- Upload required documents
– Vaccination documents (maximum file size: 250kb)
– Application will be processed within seven working days
- New – Quarantine period for fully vaccinated individuals have been reduced to 7 days and unvaccinated or uncomplete vaccination to 10 days.
- You will receive an email acknowledgement with a passcode to check your application status online. Please check your spam folder as the email has been reported to be found in this section.
- Home quarantine approvals are valid for one month from the date of approval and for single entry only. If you change your flight date within the one-month validity, reapplication is not required.
- Rules are constantly changing. We will update this post as we learn from our customers’ experiences or when changes are made by the Ministry of Health Malaysia, or local authorities.
Travelers with onward domestic connection
International arrival travelers with onward connection to following domestic destinations and has obtained the approval of “Home Quarantine”, are allowed to continue journey. They will be given the quarantine wristband/ surveillance bracelets upon arrival at the destination’s airport and undergo 14-days quarantine period.
- Sabah (additional application required – Sabah Home Quarantine)
- Sarawak (additional application required – Enter Sarawak)
Travelers with an onward domestic connection to the following destinations will be given and required to wear a wristband at KLIA. Travelers will receive a letter “Kebenaran Menaiki Kenderaan Awam” issued by the Medical Officer (MO) at KLIA.
- Alor Setar
- Kota Bharu
HSO KKM Phone Number and Email Address
In case you need to reach the HSO committee, here is the phone number and email address
Home Quarantine Services Upon Arrival
The Leisure Holidays reservations team is ready to assist you with the arrangement of PPE Transporter from airport to home and home PCR test (within Klang Valley) on day ten of your quarantine. The home quarantine arrangement starts from RM399 for a single person or RM629 for two persons.
Contact our team by WhatsApp for assistance and arrangements.
Travellers Not Meeting Home Quarantine Requirements
Travellers not meeting the requirements for home quarantine will need to undergo mandatory quarantine at a standard or Premium quarantine hotel. It is recommended to book the premium quarantine hotel at least two weeks before arrival due to limited rooms.