The Ministry of Health Malaysia, on 20 September 2021, has announced an online home quarantine application process for travelers arriving from overseas.
- Fully vaccinated – more than 14 days after the second dose for double dose vaccines or 28 days after single-dose vaccines.
- Suitable home or residence based on risk evaluation
- Number of persons in said home or residence
- Number of elderly persons in said home or residence (above 60 years of age)
- Number of children in said home or residence (below 12 years of age)
- Number of persons with chronic illnesses in said home or residence
- Number of pregnant mothers in said home or residence
- Number of rooms in said home or residence
- Number of bathrooms in said home or residence
- Number of bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- Negative Covid-19 PCR Test
Application for Home Quarantine
- Visit Ministry of Health eCovid19 Home Quarantine Application website
– Up to ten travelers per application at one quarantine address
- Enter applicant’s MyKad or Passport information
– Applicant can be a traveler, a family member, or a representative
- Enter traveler’s information
– Name, IC/Passport Number, Nationality, Date of Birth, Vaccine Type, Dose Dates
– Country of departure, date of departure, flight number, arrival date, and time
– Quarantine full address including risk evaluation information
– Submit seven to ten days before entry into Malaysia
- Upload required documents
– Vaccination documents (maximum file size: 250kb)
– Application will be processed within seven working days
- Applicable for arrivals from 28 September 2021 onwards
- Travelers arriving before 28 September will need to fill in the home quarantine application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rules are constantly changing. We will update this post as we learn from our customers’ experiences or when changes are made by the Ministry of Health Malaysia, or local authorities.
Need help with the home quarantine application? Contact our team by WhatsApp for our concierge service.
PCR Test on Arrival
Recently the Malaysian Prime Minister announced that PCR Test would be free for citizens returning home. However, there was no effective date. As of now, all individuals must pay for PCR Tests until a further announcement.
Home Quarantine Services Upon Arrival
The Leisure Holidays reservations team is ready to assist you with the arrangement of PPE Transporter from airport to home and home PCR test (within Klang Valley) on day ten of your quarantine. The home quarantine arrangement starts from RM399 for a single person or RM629 for two persons.
Contact our team by WhatsApp for assistance and arrangements.
Travellers Not Meeting Home Quarantine Requirements
Travellers not meeting the requirements for home quarantine will need to undergo mandatory quarantine at a standard or Premium quarantine hotel. It is recommended to book the premium quarantine hotel at least two weeks before arrival due to limited rooms.