Contiki is a semi guided & escorted tour exclusively for youths & solo travellers age 18 – 35. Everyone including the Trip Manager & Driver Guide are within the age group. The reason for this is because Contiki wants to build a connection for everyone. When it comes to a group of people with similar age, they just click automatically as their topic are much more relatable to each other.
Besides just meeting awesome people during your trip, Contiki focus on the real experiences as well. All the icons, the things you can only do with Contiki and a few unexpected surprises along the way. Contiki experiences are designed around you. You can do as many or as little as you like. That’s because with Contiki, free time is included, and you can choose whether to join the optional add-ons that are selected just for you.
One of Contiki’s specialty is unique accommodations. They own properties in Europe and partnered with some of the coolest hostel brands on the continent. All their own properties are so unique that you would not be able to enjoy such accommodations with the amount of money you are paying to Contiki. Imagine yourself staying in a 16th-century French Château or a snuggly and newly renovated Austrian Gasthof or a traditional Swiss chalet. What an experience to have!
With Contiki, you will not have any doubts on the food or the history of the places that you will be visiting. Contiki has the best team bursting with equal amounts of local insight and infectious enthusiasm, these guys are at the top of their game and they know how to deliver the goods.
Perfect For Solo Travellers
For solo travellers, Contiki is the perfect travel choice. Sixty-five percent of Contiki’s guests are solo travellers. Your Trip Manager will assign each member of your group to a room, and this will be your rooming formation for the duration of the trip. If for any reason you want to switch rooms, you’ll need to put this request to your Trip Manager. If you are booking as a couple or as a group of friends, your Trip Manager will attempt to room you in the same room however this cannot always be guaranteed.
Finally, Contiki offers 7 different travel styles that are all about giving you choice. The travel styles are differentiated by how many places you want to visit and how much you want included in the price. This means you know exactly what you’re getting when you travel with us. Here are the travel styles and their differences:
- Discoverer (See it all, do it all) – See more of your destination on our most popular travel style, with a wide range of experiences included in the cost of your trip.
- Iconic Essentials (Stretch your budget) – Explore only the essentials, to keep costs down. Customise your trip with Free Time Add-Ons and sleep in accommodation that’s simple, unique, and super fun.
- In-Depth Explorer (Go local) – Culturally rich, food centric and geared towards getting under the skin of a particular country or region.
- Sailing & Cruise (Sun, sea & sand) – If the ocean is your calling and days spent exploring Grecian, Turkish or Croatian islands and port towns sounds like your idea of fun, this travel style is for you. Sunkissed skin, salty hair, fresh seafood and new friends – is there anything better in life?
- Camping (Sleep under the stars) – Sleep under the stars. Roomy 2 person tents with inflatable mattresses. Make every penny of your budget stretch even further.
- Ski & Snowboard (Keep it cosy) – Hit the powder by day and snuggle down in our uber trendy Austrian Gasthof by night. Whether seasoned pro or a total beginner, this is the way to experience Europe’s legendary slope action.
- Short Trips & Festivals (For life’s moments) – Celebrate life’s best events or maximise the time you have in some of Europe’s hottest cities, with our Short Trip & Festivals. Whether you’ve got 4 days to kill in London or have always dreamed of seeing in the New Year Berlin style, we’ll help you make every second count.
If you are interested to go on a trip with Contiki, feel free to contact us. Leisure Holidays will sort you out on your trip and we guarantee that you will have no regrets!