New Zealand Immigration is once again opening the working holiday visa application on 23 January 2020 at 5am Malaysian Time.
The New Zealand working holiday visa allows Malaysians to work or study in New Zealand for up to six months and will be made available for 1,150 Malaysians per year.
To apply, you will require the following:
- Malaysian Citizen
- Passport validity must be at least 9 months after you first arrive in New Zealand
- Must be in good health
- Must be of good character
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Have at least NZD2250 (Approx. MYR6,100) to live on during the stay
- Cannot accept a permanent job while in New Zealand
- Must only do legal work
- Children cannot accompany the visa holder
- Separate visa is required for partners of visa holders
- Must come to New Zealand within 12 months of the date your visa is granted
- Must leave New Zealand before the visa expires
- Application to be made online
- Payment of NZD208 (MYR570) by Visa or Mastercard
- Processing will take up to 21 days.
- Evidence may be required to support your application