With the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, airlines have issued an exemption policy to support the prevention and control of the epidemic. We will continue to update this page as and when we get updates from airlines.
AirAsia (Update 17 April 2020)
- Booking made on / before 17 April 2020 for travel 23 March until 30 June 2020
Change to any new travel date before 31 October 2020 on the same route for an unlimited number of times without any additional cost subject to seat availability.
Retain flight value in AirAsia account for future travel to be redeemed within 365 calendar days from the issuance date.
Air Canada (Update 16 March)
- One free change for tickets issued between 04 and 31 March 2020. New travel date must be before 31 December 2020
Air France / KLM (Update 16 April)
- Waive change fee for travel on or before 03 July 2020. Changes must be made on / before 30 September 2020.
For new travel date before / on 30 November 2020. You can change your travel dates if the same travel class as mentioned on your original ticket is available.
For new travel date on or after 1 December 2020, you can change your travel dates if the same booking class as mentioned in your original ticket is available. If you change to a different booking class, you may need to pay the fare difference.
Air New Zealand (Update 17 April)
- International – waive change fee for travel before 30 June 2020. Fare difference to be paid.
American Airlines (Update 17 April)
- Waive change fees for tickets issued on / before 31 May 2020, for travel between 01 March and 30 September 2020. Travel must be completed on/before by 31 December 2021
British Airways (Update 15 April 2020)
- Change fee waived for tickets issued 03 March until 31 May 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020. New travel dates must be within 12 months from the date of the first flight in the original booking. Fare difference to be paid.
Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon (Update 24 March 2020)
- Tickets issued on or before 23 March 2020, for travel until 31 May 2020, unlimited change with no rebooking or rerouting fees. Changes must be made by 31 May 2020. Ticket can also be extended until 31 March 2021.
- Tickets issued between 09 March and 30 June 2020, free and unlimited changes. Changes and travel must be completed before one year after the date of ticket issuance.
Emirates (Update 17 April)
- Tickets issued before 31 May 2020 for travel on / before 31 August 2020.
Keep Ticket Option – Keep your ticket for up to 24 months from the date of your original booking. The fare amount you paid for your original booking will be accepted for any flight to the same destination at any time with no fees during this period.
Travel Voucher Option – Convert your original booking into a travel voucher. The value of your travel voucher will be equivalent to the amount you paid for your original booking. Travel voucher is applicable for the part of your booked itinerary that you have not completed. The travel voucher will be valid for one year from the date of issue, and can be used for Emirates flights or products and services.
Etihad Airways (Update 16 April)
- Tickets for travel before 31 July 2020 – Free change, no fare difference for travel on / before 31 July 2020.
- Tickets issued on or before 16 April 2020 – Exchange ticket into Etihad Credits – booking for new trip must be made before 30 September 2020 for outbound travel starting before 31 August 2021. No change fee applies, fare difference to be paid, if any. Bonus credit up to USD400 plus bonus Etihad Guest miles up to 5000.
Firefly (Update 18 March)
- One time free change or refund via credit account for tickets issued on / before 16 March 2020 for travel 18 Mar to 31 Mar 2020. New travel date before 31 December 2020.
Japan Airlines (Update 17 April)
- Japan – One free change for tickets issued on / before 17 April 2020 for travel 28 Feb – 31 May 2020. New travel date must be on/before 30 June 2020 or between September 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021 (except for December 15, 2020 – January 15, 2021).
Korean Air (Update 17 April)
- One time change fee waiver for tickets issued between 18 March and 30 April 2020 for travel on/after 18 March 2020. Fare difference to be paid, if any.
Malaysia Airlines (Update 14 April 2020)
- Unlimited date change and flexibility of destination change – Applies to tickets issued on / before 10 April 2020. Travel valid until 30 June 2021. All rebooking must be made by 31 December 2020. No show fees will be waived.
- Refunds have been suspended.
Malindo Air (Update 25 March 2020)
- Travel Waiver – For travel until 30 April 2020 (except India – 15 May 2020), 1x change fee waived but fare difference applies. Change must be made more than 72 hours before departure.
- Voluntary cancellation – refund in the form of travel voucher base on ticket terms & conditions.
- For flight suspension / cancellations – refunds will be in the form of travel vouchers. Redemption must be made within 6 months of voucher issuance for travel up to 11 months ahead of redemption date.
Oman Air (Update 09 March)
- Zero change fees for up to two date change for booking made 06 – 31 May 2020 for travel period 06 March – 31 October 2020.
Qatar Airways (Update 26 March)
- Zero change fees for tickets issued on / before 27 September 2020 for travel on / before 30 September 2020. Fare difference to be paid, if any.
Royal Brunei (Update 15 April)
- Waive change fees for tickets issued for travel until 31 May 2020.
Guests can cancel their existing reservations and retain the total value of their booking. Rebooking can be made up to 12 months from the date the credit voucher is issued.
Singapore Airlines (Update 09 April 2020)
- Global Travel Waiver Policy – Applies to tickets issued on / before 15 March 2020 for travel between 24 January and 31 May 2020. Customer can opt for Flight Credits and receive bonus flight credits of SGD75 to SGD500 per ticket or refund the unused ticket value.
Thai Airways (Update 17 April 2020)
- Customers holding Thai Airways tickets booked for travel between 25 March and 31 May 2020, the follow options will be offered.
Extend ticket validity – extended until 31 December 2021.
Travel Voucher – Fully unused tickets, convert full cost of tickets into Travel Voucher for 12 month validity on any Thai or Thai Smile flight
Refund – Partially used ticket, refund will take at least 180 days to process.
Turkish Airlines (Update 17 April 2020)
- Change fee waiver for Turkish Airlines international flights booked on / before 20 Mar 2020 for travel until 31 December 2020. New travel must be completed by 28 February 2021.
- Change fee waiver for Turkish Airlines domestic flights booked on / before 19 March 2020 for travel until 31 December 2020. New travel must be completed by 28 February 2021.
United Airlines (Update 17 April)
- Change fee waiver for tickets issued before 02 March 2020 with travel date 03 March – 31 May 2020. Rebooked travel must commence within 24 months from the original ticket issue date
- Change fee waiver for tickets issued before 02 March 2020 with travel date 01 June – 31 December 2020. Changes or cancellations must be made on/before April 30, 2020. Rebooked travel must commence within 24 months from the original ticket issue date.
Vietnam Airlines (13 April 2020)
- International Tickets
Tickets issued before 31 March 2020 – No change fee. Valid for travel until 31 March 2021. Refund will be in the form of travel vouchers. Process must be done before 31 December 2020.
Tickets issued between 10 April and 31 May 2020 – One time change fee waiver. New travel date must be on / before 20 December 2020.
Change or refund request must be made through the original channel of booking. Airlines not listed above may be offering refunds or rebooking on a case-to-case basis. Please check with the respective airline.